Here are links for pen and paper roleplaying games, board games, card games, and everything that goes with these games that we found interesting on the week of February 20th, 2015.
“Even the most outspoken of the critics must admit that long before we had print and film media to “spread the word,” mankind was engaged in all forms of cruel and despicable behavior. To attribute war, killing, and violence to film, TV, and role-play games is to fly in the face of thousands of years of recorded history.” – Gary Gygax
– Gaming Geeks – I discovered Russ Hapke’s blog and twitter account this week. He’s a pretty big fan of maps and Roll20. So if you like either of those topics (or both), check out his blog or his twitter account.
– A Tiny Rant About Why Patreon is Good (Gothridge Manor) – I never thought Patreon was bad, but apparently there is actually discussions about this. If YouTubers can make millions of dollars a year, why can’t other people make money for their hobbies and passions?
– My 10 Favorite GURPS Original Settings (Siskoid’s Blog of Geekery) – I am not a huge GURPS fan, but this is a great article with some badass choices. I did own quite a few GURPS books way back in the day, but never played it too much. I more used their books as sourcebooks or reference material. But there are some truly unique picks on this list!
– Is This A New Challenger to the World’s Best Gaming Room Crown? (EN World) – The bar has been set ! Just in case you were wondering, here is the “champ” they are trying to dethrone.
– An open letter to game publishers: Please stop trying to make me feel like a Sleaze. (Gnome Stew) – My initial reaction to this was I agree, but then I really thought about it. I don’t see sleazy art as a huge problem in roleplaying right now. Maybe I am wrong, but I haven’t purchased any books recently that I had a problem with (and I’m more on the conservative side). Maybe I’m missing something?
We browse many roleplaying websites, articles, and social media connections each week. If you’d like to be listed on here, please contact use via our Contact page!