Here are links for pen and paper roleplaying games, board games, card games, and everything that goes with these games that we found interesting on the week of December 12th, 2014.
Here are five different things I ran into this week that I found interesting. The most interesting thing that seems to be trending right now is #3X3RPGs. I posted my favorite on our social media links, so check it out if you’re interested!
– 2014 Gamer Holiday Gift Guide (The Illuminerdy) – A simple holiday gift guide with gift suggestions for the gamers in your life. It has several different books suggestions and a couple of accessories. There should be at least a few items on the list that you haven’t thought of.
– Friday Favourite: Should Monsters Employ Smart Tactics? (Dungeon’s Master) – I love this topic because it really gets to the heart of gaming. We all want to “win” but we want there to be some sort of challenge to it. Finding the perfect balance between pushing the players and giving them the opportunity to win is difficult.
– RPT #14: 5 Tips To Creating A Truly Evil Villain (Roleplaying Tips) – Sometimes creating an evil villain is less about how it looks and more about how it acts. Here are five truly devious tips on how to play a villain as a game master to really wreck havoc with your players.
– #3X3RPGS (Stargazer’s World) – I don’t know who started it, but I ran into it first at Stargazer’s World. Gamers are listing their three most recently played RPGs, three favorite (current) RPGs, and three games you’d like to play.
– Iron GM – The Iron GM tournament turns adventure-making into competitive sport and rewards GMing talent with phenomenal prizes. Inspired by three Secret Story Elements unveiled at the show, GMs spend an hour crafting an adventure then run it for players who, in turn, judge them on their performance.
We browse many roleplaying websites, articles, and social media connections each week. If you’d like to be listed on here, please contact use via our Contact page!