“He will join us or die, my master.” – Darth Vader
What we can provide for you:
• A well-built platform to write creatively about the hobby you love.
• An opportunity to get in on the ground-floor of a gaming website with extremely high aspirations and expectations of itself.
• We proofread and edit all the articles.
• We provide social media support (Twitter, Facebook, and Google+).
• And, we take away the need for you to build and run a website, do SEO (search engine optimization), and link-building.
Writing can be a blast, but it also requires some “stuff”. Here are the basics you’ll need:
• You have passion for the hobby (kind of a deal breaker).
• You have access to a computer (also, kind of a deal breaker).
• A desire and ability to tell others about your gaming experiences!
You sound like a snake-oil salesman, what makes you think this blog will be successful?
Oh, I’m definitely not a snake-oil salesman <deftly slides small vial back into his jacket pocket>. I have experience and formal education in building and designing websites, search-engine optimization, marketing, and business. I’m also a huge gamer that has been playing for twenty-four years, ninety seven days, and eleven hours (but who’s counting?). I don’t say any of this to try to impress you, but to impress upon you that we’ve got experience and skills and are looking to do something great.
So give it to me straight, what can RPG Alchemy do for me?
We create an author account for you on our site where you can write about your gaming experiences. We’ll proofread, edit and post the article, as well as support it via social media. The majority of our articles are related to pen-and-paper roleplaying games, but we’re also interested in board games, card games, and all the accessories that go with them. The articles can talk about a specific game or system, or they can be general (system-neutral) information. Ideally, we’re looking for about one article per week (or more if you’re so inclined).
We can’t offer fame or fortune and we’re not offering a job. This is an outlet to express yourself and talk about your gaming passion with other like-minded people. If you’re looking at getting into the industry, this is an opportunity for you to start building a resume towards that and networking with people that are looking to do the same thing. You may be surprised at how incredibly polite and giving even the biggest names in the industry are. Gamers are just good to each other like that.
I’m interested. How do I start this epic journey?
Get a hold of me via the Contact Page. I want to hear about your gaming experiences, what you want out of the hobby, what you want out of writing, and how we could make big things happen together. If you’re looking at this page, you probably already have an inclination towards writing and connecting with people in the industry. Start your journey now!
– Samuel Van Der Wall, RPG Alchemy