There are many planets in the Star Wars universe. Information for these planets is readily available through a variety of sources. However, many planets have dark and sinister secrets that even the majority of their local inhabitants are unaware of. Some of these secrets are small and affect relatively few of the planetary locals, while others have significance to the entire planet and even beyond it.
Here is the second half of 101 Star Wars World Secrets (51-101):
51. (Natural) The core of the planet has been undergoing a series of chain reactions that will eventually destroy it. Natural disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanic eruptions are becoming more common. The end of this planet is imminent if something doesn’t happen to reverse the changes that are occurring.
52. (Natural) An abundant natural resource of the planet is about to be eradicated due to a disaster (i.e. Lumber is destroyed by a rapidly expanding pest problem, drinking water is rendered unusable due to an accident or pollution, animal food supply decimated due to disease, etc.).
53. (Natural) A new natural resource (i.e. Fuel source, underground mineral, food stock, etc.) has recently been discovered on the planet. Originally thought to be a small boon to the local economy, it will turn out that this resource is found in abundance throughout the planet and will become a modern day gold rush.
54. (Natural) A local aboriginal species has yet to be discovered. They have been hidden in a remote area (i.e. Heavy jungle, subterranean caves, underwater, etc.) for centuries. If discovered, they would make an easy target for slavers due to their low level of technology.
55. (Natural) The planet is at the tipping point of a major ecological change. The primary terrain of the planet is about to become drastically different (i.e. Arctic to desert, rolling hills to large gorges and crevasses, tropical jungles to swampy sinkholes, etc.).
56. (Natural) A new use for an abundant natural resource has been discovered. This will be a boon for the economy as it will further drive up the value of the resource. But it will also cause other complications related to excessive extracting of the material. Depending on the material type, it may dry up from overconsumption.
57. (Natural) The planet hosts a unique and deadly virus. The indigenous population is immune to it and it is difficult to carry off planet. But if the right circumstances were met and it made it to another planet, the results would be catastrophic.
58. (Natural) Toxic waste pools and radioactive wastelands used to be commonplace on this planet generations ago. Scientists have recently discovered that the planet is naturally purging itself of these toxins that should like thousands of years. They have not yet discovered how.
59. (Natural) There are large crater fields on this planet that most assumed were created from meteorites striking the planet. However, no meteor fragments have ever been discovered. Most scientists believe that ancient people dug up the pieces and hauled them off or sold them. Others believe there is another explanation for these large crater fields.
60. (Natural) Large glaciers form at both poles (North and South) of this planet. The air space over both glaciers is considered a no-fly zone by pilots. Not because it breaks any laws, but because numerous aircraft and starships have been lost over both areas. It is unknown where these ships are lost or what causes them to disappear.
61. (Rebel) There is a hidden Rebel base located on the planet surface. It is small, but houses vital information that cannot fall into enemy hands. It has existed for a relatively long period of time and has numerous assets.
62. (Rebel) The Rebels have deemed this planet to be inconsequential to their goals. Although it has been viewed as a Rebel stronghold in the past, they are methodically moving their assets to another planet in the sector. Their eventual plan is to abandon the planet.
63. (Rebel) The Rebellion uses the high orbit area of this planet as a get-away point. They have placed numerous signal disruptors, booby traps, and hiding spots throughout the area. It is well-known to their personnel that if they can flee to this area from the enemy, they have a great shot at using these resources and escaping.
64. (Rebel) Rebel High Command has several key figures that reside in a single city on this planet. They are entrenched in the local populace but have a significant impact on decisions for the Alliance. If discovered, it would be a major blow against the Rebellion.
65. (Rebel) This planet contains one of the few secret Rebel prisons. It is located outside of a popular urban area in a remote area (i.e. Island, large forest, underground, etc.). The Rebellion tries to minimize its footprint on the planet, but does have significant resources here due to the prison.
66. (Rebel) The Rebels have a secret underground network that allows them to hide high value targets here. The network uses sympathizers, secret hiding locations, underground transport, and numerous other components to safely make their valuable assets disappear.
67. (Rebel) The Rebellion has no presence on this planet. In fact, they are surprisingly absent from a planet, which for all intents and purposes, looks to be ideal for their strategic needs.
68. (Rebel) There is a significant spy support network on this planet that is loyal to the Rebel Alliance. Although they don’t all work under the Rebellion, per se, many are loyal to the Rebellion and believe that the interests of the Rebels align with their own.
69. (Rebel) The Rebel forces on this planet have been incurring heavy losses recently. What they don’t know is that they have been severely infiltrated by Imperial spies. Their destruction on this planet and in this sector is inevitable, unless someone discovers the infiltration.
70. (Rebel) The planetary inhabitants recently became very unfriendly to Rebel forces. So much so, that the Rebellion is having to decide whether they will withdraw from the area or attempt to take the planet by force. It is unknown why this seemingly Rebel-friendly planet turned hostile.
71. (Religious) A fanatical and cult-like off-shoot of a local planetary religion is gaining steam within the populace. They are responsible for numerous criminal acts and their violence seems to be increasing drastically.
72. (Religious) The prominent figurehead of a local religion is a fraud. She has adeptly led her followers to believe that she is the “Chosen One” but has only her own interests at heart. She is planning something diabolical (i.e. Mass suicide, theft of all religious gifts, overthrowing the local government, etc.).
73. (Religious) Nearly 100% of local natives are disciples of a local religion. They have decided that the only way to expand their religion is to begin off-planet pilgrimages. They are currently in the planning phase of this endeavor.
74. (Religious) An ancient religion was wiped out long ago, but its teachings and history have been preserved and are waiting to be discovered. It contains some secret that will change things in the area (i.e. Answers to a local mystery, the key to stopping a local war, a unique connection to the Force, etc.).
75. (Religious) The primary local religion secretly employs some taboo practice (i.e. Humanoid sacrifice, cannibalism, Force voodoo, etc.). They understand their practices are taboo to others and work extremely hard to keep those practices a secret.
76. (Religious) Not long ago, a significant portion of a local religion began a sacred pilgrimage into the wilderness. They numbered into the tens of thousands (or more, if appropriate). The pilgrims disappeared without a trace. Most of the few remaining members of the religion have left it and it has all but disintegrated.
77. (Religious) A new religion seems to have spawned from out of nowhere. It is rapidly moving through the local population and is quickly gaining significance. The rate at which it is converting believers is astonishing. The growth is unlike anything seen elsewhere in the galaxy.
78. (Religious) Every ten years, the leader and figurehead of a local religion disappears. The next in command takes his place, to lead his people and be treated like a god, only to disappear after ten years. This cycle is commonly accepted by its followers but less so by outsiders. No one knows where the leader disappears to or what happens to them. Most assume death.
79. (Religious) A new race of aliens has been arriving on the planet in droves. They are generally peaceful, but have proclaimed this planet their sacred homeland. Their presence is causing strife in the local population. The alien race is not known to have any historical presence here.
80. (Religious) Religion is absent on this planet. The local inhabitants are against all forms of open worship, churches, open religious ideology, and generally anything religious. This disdain for religion has been a long-standing issue on the planet that few know the origin of.
81. (Tech) A self-automated droid manufacturing facility exists in a subterranean compound. It is completely autonomous, mining its own resources, manufacturing droids and expanding its own domain. Its origins and purpose are a complete mystery.
82. (Tech) A large satellite array that orbits the planet is commonly thought to be the primary source of communication and weather data for the inhabitants. Its true nature, however, is as a remarkable spy network that is able to provide surveillance on the entire planet. But for who?
83. (Tech) There is a disguised communication network with incredible redundancy on the planet. It is nearly impossible to knock out or jam planetary communications. The network is a combination of old alien technology that locals merged with new technology.
84. (Tech) The planet has a substantial planetary defense grid that consists of missile silos and Planet Defenders (heavy ion surface-to-space cannons). Although it isn’t advertised by the local military, the planet is well setup to defend against planetary bombardment.
85. (Tech) There is a significant electric disturbance in the planet’s atmosphere that occasionally damages electrical equipment and even injures people. This fact is commonly known. However, scientists have determined that it is not a natural function, but other than that they do not know the cause.
86. (Tech) Non-sentient droids on this planet have been known to spontaneously become sentient. It is rare and no one knows why, but it has happened enough to where locals have deemed it an actual phenomena.
87. (Tech) There is an abandoned cloning facility that is located in an area rarely frequented on the planet. Many centuries ago it was used to fight wars in the distant past. It has since become a lost relic that is yet to be rediscovered.
88. (Tech) Large, unmanned platforms float in the ocean and process both the water and air of the planet into a habitable environment. No one knows who initially installed these terraforming devices many generations ago. Also, no one knows how long these unmanned processing stations will continue to operate and maintain the planet’s habitat.
89. (Tech) There is a local “species” of droid that inhabits the planet. They have inhabited the planet for a long time. No one knows of their origin. Even they claim ignorance of how their people originated. However, they function on this planet much like any other native race does so on their home planet. They are never encountered off-planet though and have no desire to leave.
90. (Tech) There is a unique type of technology that only exists on this planet. It is used to power many local vehicles, such as speeders or ground vehicles. The technology will not function outside of the planet though. No one knows why, but some surmise there is something about the planet’s structure that allows the technology to function there (and there only).
91. (Unusual) A clan of assassins has existed and trained on this planet for thousands of years. Although their existence is not a mystery, the fact that they originate from this planet is.
92. (Unusual) An ancient “elevator” exists that drills down nearly to the core of the planet. It is huge, several kilometers in diameter. No one knows who built it or what its purpose was. Local government has deemed it off-limits and it is heavily guarded by the local military.
93. (Unusual) During a predictable time period (i.e. One week, three months, yearly, etc.), a large pulse of energy emanates from the planet. No one knows if it is man-made or natural. Precautions must be taken to not be injured or items damaged by this energy.
94. (Unusual) The planet, for lack of a better term, is haunted. Many people believe large crystals on the planet have something to do with keeping the spirits of the dead around. But no one truly knows for sure. Residents of the planet accept the haunting as commonplace.
95. (Unusual) There is a small populace of a “species” on this planet that most consider to be “undead”. They have a primitive cognitive thought process and are only interested in basic primal needs. They are incredibly homicidal and almost animal-like. They are often referred to as, galactic zombies. No one understands their biology or knows their true origins.
96. (Unusual) Large humanoid statues of an unknown race dot the landscape of this planet. No one knows the origins of these statues, but many surmise they are statues of the ancient ancestors of this planet. The statues have been known to periodically change locations throughout the centuries. No one knows how or why they move.
97. (Unusual) There is an abandoned colony on the planet that few know about. The natives of the colony are not of the same species as the other inhabitants of the planet. They have lived and operated in their secluded environment for several generations.
98. (Unusual) There is a unique type of rock on this planet that is capable of storing the memories of organic beings. Some say intense emotion or even the Force is required to imprint these memories on the rocks, but no one truly knows the process. Scientists are still developing and perfecting a process for retrieving these memories for “historical purposes”.
99. (Unusual) A race of aquatic people inhabit the deep oceans of the planet. They keep their distance from all surface dwellers and little is known about them. All efforts to make contact with them have met with swift and decisive force. In general, most of the general population has a, “Leave them be if they leave us be,” attitude towards the situation.
100. (Unusual) This planet is not the typical ball of substance orbiting a star. The core is a mechanical space station thousands of years old. The exterior of the station was terraformed over and an atmosphere was established. No one knows who accomplished this great feat of construction.
101. (Unusual) All the inhabitants of this planet mysteriously disappeared about a thousand years ago. The planet was subsequently looted and repopulated after a brief period of war for control of the planet. But no one has ever discovered what happened to the millions of people that inhabited the planet and disappeared over night.
Some of the names and likenesses were taken from different sources in the Star Wars Galaxy, including official Star Wars products, unofficial Star Wars products, fan-made products, and information obtained on the internet. Any of this information that was taken is the property of the respective author. Any information I provide here that I created is free to use by anyone in whatever way they choose.