There are many planets in the Star Wars universe. Information for these planets is readily available through a variety of sources. However, many planets have dark and sinister secrets that even the majority of their local inhabitants are unaware of. Some of these secrets are small and affect relatively few of the planetary locals, while others have significance to the entire planet and even beyond it.
Here is the first half of 101 Star Wars World Secrets (1-50):
1. (Corporate) A new biotech firm is being established on the planet and plans to take advantage of local natural resources in its products. People are unaware that is has the backing of one of the richest individuals in the galaxy. That person is staking a large portion of their wealth on this firm’s success.
2. (Corporate) The planet is about to become the new destination planet for high tech firms in the sector. The location, available land, natural resources, local populace, and governmental provisions all support the growth of businesses. They are about to become the ‘Silicon Valley’ of the sector.
3. (Corporate) A major corporation that operates on this planet is about to go belly-up. Whether it is through mismanagement or foul play is unknown, but the loss of jobs and production will cause a chain reaction that has a devastating impact on local economy.
4. (Corporate) A new weapon of mass destruction is being privately developed by a relatively unknown tech firm. All knowledge surrounding the construction of this new weapon is heavily guarded. The company is not above eliminating possible loose ends that jeopardize the product.
5. (Corporate) The shady corporate underbelly is alive and well on this planet. Major corporations are nearly required to maintain covert operatives, and even a covert military, that operate under the radar just to survive. Corporate business on this planet is both cutthroat and discreet. The cost is high but the rewards are even higher.
6. (Corporate) The planet has a stigma of being a ‘no-win’ planet for major corporations. All major corporations that have tried to develop business and profit on the planet have failed. In fact, most of them fail in an amazingly short amount of time. Some blame local saboteurs, some blame policies that don’t favor corporations, and some blame just plain old bad luck.
7. (Corporate) A mega-corporation actually runs this planet. Although it has a traditional government, the corporation has enough pull and key players in strategic places that it essentially has near total control. Going against the corporation is the same as going against the local government.
8. (Corporate) On this planet, there are several corporations that institute “blood oaths” after one has reached a certain level. It is akin to pledging one’s life to the corporation. This fact is relatively unknown until one reaches that level. Many view these corporations as having an extremely loyal command staff. This is the reason why.
9. (Corporate) There is a corporation here that is a cover-up for the Imperials. It provides genuine services and goods, but its real purpose is to enable the Imperials to spy, transport goods and personnel, and capture important targets on the planet. The Imperials also use corporate takeovers to acquire land that locals wouldn’t have otherwise allowed them to get.
10. (Corporate) There is a corporation here that is a Rebel sympathizer. The facility manufactures goods that it funnels to the Rebellion. They walk a very fine line between being a legitimate company and supporting the cause. If this fact was discovered, they could easily be shut down and many of the personnel would face Imperial punishment.
11. (Criminal) Two criminal organizations are fighting for primary control of the planet. Many of the major crimes, assassinations, espionage, and major property damage, are related to the struggle for turf control between these two factions.
12. (Criminal) A small-time Hutt has relocated to this planet and is looking to establish a name for himself as a major player in the sector.
13. (Criminal) The criminal element of this society completely controls one major area on the planet (i.e. Sports, media, mass transportation, music, gambling, etc.).
14. (Criminal) Although illegal drug use is relatively low on this planet, production of illegal drugs, such as spice, is incredibly high. The mass production of these drugs began relatively recently, so the planet isn’t known as a production planet yet. If current trends continue though, it won’t take long for that secret to become public knowledge.
15. (Criminal) A major criminal element in this society (i.e. Gang, crime lord, pirates, etc.) are in partnership with an element of the local government. The two work together to accomplish goals that are mutually beneficial. If discovered, this would be disastrous for that element of government.
16. (Criminal) The criminal element of this planet controls law enforcement. Most people view the law enforcement of the planet as lax or ineffective. But in reality, they have been corrupted at the highest levels and are at the whim of major criminals.
17. (Criminal) Major criminal groups (i.e. Crime lords, large gangs, prolific pirates, etc.) do not last long on this planet. Low levels of crime definitely exist, but large criminal organizations never seem to be able to take hold in the region. They are always destroyed, dismantled, or seem to leave the area not long after arriving. No one has yet figured out an exact cause of why.
18. (Criminal) Criminals on this planet follow a “Criminal Code” against one another while they operate on this planet. It is unknown where it originated, but most criminals will not commit criminal activity against another criminal while here. For those that break the code, the penalty is often death. It is rumored that a mysterious criminal organization even enforces this code.
19. (Criminal) On this planet, there exists an actual school for criminals. It is secretive and invite only, but accepted students are taught in the ways of the hyper-criminal. They learn how to escape from law enforcement, defeat powerful security measures, infiltrate the upper-echelons of government, and overall become a successful career criminal.
20. (Criminal) Two very influential criminal organizations recently left the planet for unknown reasons. The planet is now enjoying a resurgence with the lowest levels of crime it has seen in a long period of time. Many wonder what caused the criminals to leave and how long they will be able to enjoy this new prosperity.
21. (Force) An ancient Jedi temple has yet to be rediscovered on this planet. It has been undisturbed for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
22. (Force) Many Force sensitive individuals have always considered this planet cursed due to how it “feels” in the Force. The truth is, a Sith Lord and his apprentice are imprisoned there in hibernation. Their power is so great, that their very presence casts a dark shadow upon the planet.
23. (Force) A small monastery of Jedi monks inhabits a remote location on the planet. They generally are autonomous and keep to themselves, but are friendly and welcoming to outsiders. They have perfected the art of mind-wiping to keep their existence a secret.
24. (Force) A cache of Jedi holocrons is hidden on the planet. Its existence almost falls into the realm of legend, but it does exist. There are many rumors about its actual location, but it has yet to be rediscovered.
25. (Force) An oracle of significant power resides on this planet. Although most consider her a mythical story, she does actually exist. She has the ability to see into the future using her finally attuned Force powers. She is so specialized with her powers though, that she has almost no other Force powers that are not related to her oracle abilities.
26. (Force) Jedi on this planet often find their Force powers to be unreliable. It is unknown why, but the Force energy of this planet is distorted and causes Jedi difficulty with using their powers. Since Jedi are fairly rare in this part of the Galaxy, the fact isn’t commonly known.
27. (Force) Many Jedi are unwittingly drawn to this planet. Very few understand or can explain why, other than to say existing on the planet feels “tranquil”. That tranquility appears to come with a cost though, as many Jedi are said to wander into the wilderness and never be seen from again.
28. (Force) It is not uncommon for individuals that are not Force sensitive to manifest low-level Force-like abilities while on this planet. A small number have even left the planet and retained these abilities (typically those that live on the planet for an extended period of time). It is unknown why this sometimes happens.
29. (Force) This planet is slowly toxic to Force users. Many Force users describe feeling that the longer they stay on the planet, the more “drained” they feel. Their Force powers become weaker and their connection with the Force becomes weaker. It is unknown why.
30. (Force) An incredible battle between the Dark and Light side occurred in a specific area on this planet thousands of years ago. Any Force powers in this area have radically altered effects. Use of Force powers in the area is completely unsafe and unpredictable. There are some lost records that are still undiscovered on the planet of this legendary battle.
31. (Government) The government of this planet, perhaps a Democracy (or similar group-run entity), is actually an elaborate front. The actual control of the entire planet rests on one specific individual who controls the government like a puppet.
32. (Government) There is a small but powerful portion of the government that secretly supports a radical new direction for the planet. They are currently maneuvering to make the changes necessary for that to happen.
33. (Government) The planetary government is involved in a major cover-up of galactic proportions (i.e. Illegal toxic waste disposal, hording life-saving technology, holding major galactic figureheads as prisoners, etc.). If discovered, the reputation and status of the planet would be ruined.
34. (Government) The ruling body on the planet is one-step away from being destroyed. The planet will soon have no true form of government and will temporarily dissolve into a state of anarchy until a new form of government asserts itself.
35. (Government) The local government has built an extensive network of secret bunkers in case of a planetary attack. Even though they may not appear to be, they are incredibly suited to withstand a large scale assault. They have bunkers throughout the planet for major government figures and even a small portion of the population.
36. (Government) A network of disguised government buildings dots the urban landscape. These buildings are discreetly labeled and utterly forgettable. They house the intelligence, high-ranking military, and other top secrets of the government.
37. (Government) All major leaders of the government are descended from the same family. This is not common knowledge and they use false information to spread the idea that this is not the case. But no one that is not from this particular family can ever hold an important government position on the planet.
38. (Government) The local government has secretly made a pact with a major power in the Galaxy (i.e. The Empire, The Rebellion, a major crime lord or crime syndicate, etc.). The leaders have essentially sold their souls to this faction. To the outside observer, the planet is enjoying prosperity. To the insider, it will eventually be time to pay the piper.
39. (Government) A secret organization, similar to the Illuminati, is rumored to run the planet. No one knows the members of this, but it is said that they are the true rulers of society. Often, strange coincidences that occur in public (i.e. Untimely death of a politician, unpopular laws enacted, etc.) are often attributed to this mysterious and masterminding organization.
40. (Government) The government of this planet seems to change very frequently for no specific reason. In recent generations, it has been a monarchy, a democracy, a theocratic colony, and even warring federated tribes. The only thing certain about this planet’s government is uncertainty.
41. (Imperial) A high-level Imperial prison is secretly located on this planet. It houses many enemies of the Empire that are thought to be dead or have gone missing. This would be a high value target of the Rebellion if they knew it actually existed.
42. (Imperial) A training facility for elite Storm Troopers is being developed. Although it is not functional yet, Imperial presence has ramped up in the sector and locals are attempting to speculate why.
43. (Imperial) Imperial Intelligence has identified this planet to be of “significant strategic importance” due to some factor. It could be its physical location, natural resources, local populace, or a variety of factors. They are actively looking to place a substantial Imperial presence on the planet.
44. (Imperial) Numerous high-profile witnesses have been relocated to this planet as part of the Imperial Intelligence’s witness protection program. A breach in the security of this network could expose numerous valuable informants.
45. (Imperial) This planet is considered a “cake” assignment for the Imperial military. Most hard-charging new recruits bid away from this planet, while older veterans looking for an easy assignment prior to retirement come here. The local Moff is not happy with that current designation and is looking to change that.
46. (Imperial) Although it is not openly supportive of Imperial government, the local populace is in favor of being under Imperial rule. The average citizen believes that being under Imperial rule will mean an improvement in their lifestyle. Most support anything pro-Imperial and go against anything that contradicts that.
47. (Imperial) The Imperials generally avoid this planet and very few people know why. Some attribute it to common practice (“We never land our troops there.”) while others claim a Moff secretly protects the planet from his own people. Either way, Imperial presence on the planet and in orbit is virtually nil.
48. (Imperial) The Imperial military operates a base on one area of the planet that has no apparent purpose. It doesn’t guard anything. It has no mission. For all intents and purposes, there doesn’t need to be a base there but there is. Even the average soldier in the Imperial military has no idea why there is a base there or why they are stationed there.
49. (Imperial) The Imperial military has slowly been stockpiling goods and equipment at hidden locations in the area. They are either planning to invade this planet, or an area near it. When they do, they will be well-prepared for a long siege.
50. (Imperial) There is a large faction of Imperials located on this planet that are planning a coup of Imperials in the sector. They plan to secede from the Imperial military and take all of their equipment with them. This will mostly likely cause a larger conflict to escalate with the Imperial military as they send in more troops to reclaim what was theirs and destroy the deserters.
Some of the names and likenesses were taken from different sources in the Star Wars Galaxy, including official Star Wars products, unofficial Star Wars products, fan-made products, and information obtained on the internet. Any of this information that was taken is the property of the respective author. Any information I provide here that I created is free to use by anyone in whatever way they choose.