Star Wars is one of my favorite settings of all times. I enjoying both game mastering and playing in campaigns set in the Star Wars universe. Here are 101 Star Wars encounter ideas that a game master can use in their campaign. Some of these encounters are small encounters, such as passing by a unique individual in a city. Others are big encounters, such as encounters that may evolve into a social interaction or combat.
Here is the second half of 101 Star Wars Encounter Ideas (51-101):
51. (Wilderness) You stumble upon an incredibly large pit, approximately one mile in diameter. You see numerous different species using various equipment to mine resources from the pit. Several “pit bosses” appear to be directing the work inside the pit. You see one Human in an Imperial officer’s uniform that appears to be overseeing the work.
52. (Wilderness) You discover what appears to be an archeological expedition’s camp site. It does not appear that anyone has been here for several days.
53. (Wilderness) You discover a solitary farm out in the middle of no where. The area appears almost unnaturally located in this area. A lone Ithorian farmer plows his crop on a hovering tractor.
54. (Wilderness) While walking through a remote area, you stumble across a strange building carved into the side of a large rock face. It has unique glyphs that appear to be some sort of star chart carved on the outside. It appears to be a crypt for a family of Duros.
55. (Wilderness) Three Gotals on heavily modified Swoops races past you. You can’t tell if they are chasing something, or running away from something.
56. (Wilderness) You locate an old abandoned Imperial supply depot. It appears to have been out of use for a long time. It looks like the supplies were removed from the depot or it has been looted recently. It also looks like something very large is currently living inside.
57. (Wilderness) You encounter a strange Ubese hermit and his horde of droids. He claims that you are on his mining plot and must leave. Unfortunately, this is really close to the destination you were heading to.
58. (Wilderness) You run into a band of Human slavers loading up several natives into a transport vehicle. It appears that the slavers have already killed several of the natives. If they notice you, you might be next.
59. (Wilderness) A large herd of native herbivores can be seen grazing in the distance. A blaster shot rings out and they begin to stampede in your direction.
60. (Wilderness) You discover a mobile Imperial base. It appears that it has been deployed in the area for several days. You detect at least four dozen Imperial personnel in the area with support vehicles. They seem oblivious to your presence.
61. (Urban) A droid wheels up to you and catches your attention. It directs you towards a heavily armed and armored Gand across the street from you. The Gand appears to be a bounty hunter. The droid tells you that the individual is looking for you.
62. (Urban) A Quarren approaches you and begins muttering something in his native tongue. After several moments, he falls dead at your feet. Local law enforcement rounds a corner and appears to be briskly walking towards you.
63. (Urban) A Shistavanen tracker leads a group of rough-looking Humans towards local drinking establishment. They line up outside the building and unleash a hail of blaster fire into the business. Moments later, the Shistavanen takes off in one direction and the Humans in another direction.
64. (Urban) A Sullustan approaches you on a street corner. He offers to fix your equipment, droids, or starship for a huge discount.
65. (Urban) A Teltior gambler offers you a seat at his sabacc table. Only a buy-in of one hundred credits. The other individuals at that table seem… welcoming…
66. (Urban) A Bimm tradesman approaches you and states that he has numerous artifacts for trade. He invites you over to his shop because he believes that he has something of interest for you.
67. (Urban) Two Devaronians and a Chiss walk into a bar. The first Devaronian asks the Chiss what is wrong. The Chiss responds, saying that he is feeling a little sad. The second Devaronian states, “Oh, so you’re feeling blue?” The Chiss shoots both Devaronians dead and leaves.
68. (Urban) A Falleen noble and his entourage are proceeding through town, they stop to ask you where the most prominent hotel is in the area. Before you can respond, one of the Falleen suggests that instead of telling them where it is, you come with them and show them. You feel strangely compelled to help them.
69. (Urban) A Klatooninian approaches you and states that his Hutt master wishes to speak with you. He won’t take no for an answer.
70. (Urban) A malfunctioning astrogation droid buzzes into the area and begins firing a small blaster pistol. Shortly afterwards, the droid explodes in a hail of shrapnel. Was it truly malfunctioning, or was it a terrorist attack?
71. (Space) You detect a weak signal from a starship’s emergency beacon on the edge of an asteroid belt. When you go to investigate, a heavily modified SoroSuub Nesst-class Light Freighter blasts out of the asteroid belt headed in your direction. It’s a trap!
72. (Space) Something is causing a blackout with all communication devices in the nearby area. It is difficult to determine whether this is a natural phenomenon or if something is actively causing the disruption.
73. (Space) A large Nalroni merchant fleet appears to be readying for a jump to light speed. As the entire fleet enters into hyperspace travel, a lone Action IV Bulk Freighter is left behind, apparently having navigation difficulties. The medium bulk freighter appears defenseless due to the fact that it has no external weapons.
74. (Space) A Dynamic-Class Freighter drifting through space sends a communication to your starship. It states that it has run out of fuel. In exchange for part of your fuel, they will offer you detailed knowledge for your star chart relating to this system.
75. (Space) You find an Imperial probe droid floating near an interstellar navigational beacon. It appears to be in good condition but is not operating. Probes like this are very valuable and contain a vast amount of data, but collecting them is against Imperial law and punishable by death.
76. (Space) You come upon a TL-1800 Transport freighter that appears to be traveling very slowly. It does not appear damaged, but is traveling in a large circle. Sensors reveal that there are no life signs on board. The starship appears to be in good condition. It also appears that are an excessive amount of droids on the ship.
77. (Space) Your starship encounters a lightning storm while traveling through the atmosphere of a planet. Bolts of lightning course through the exterior of the ship. You are unsure if any damage occurred, but you should definitely check when you get a chance.
78. (Space) A spherical probe is moving on a linear path towards you. As it approaches, you detect that its sensors are heavily scanning your starship.
79. (Space) A large, organic creature floats by your ship. You’ve never seen anything like it. You should probably steer clear of it since it appears large enough to swallow your ship whole.
80. (Space) While attempting to enter planetary orbit, you are informed by space traffic control that only authorized vessels are being allowed entrance into the starport. They refuse to give a reason for their decision.
81. (Strange) You and your friends wake up in an unfamiliar room, weak, disoriented and partially blind. One of you realizes and tells the rest of the group that you seem to be suffering the effects of hibernation sickness. You discover several opened carbonite transportation blocks in the room with you.
82. (Strange) You discover a small cube in the cargo area of your ship. Whenever you try to get close enough to inspect it, you become extremely dizzy and begin to faint.
83. (Strange) You encounter a small space station in an odd location. You are absolutely sure there is not supposed to be one located here. The station appears to have no means of relocating itself. There does appear to be life signs on the station, but there is no response to any attempts at communication.
84. (Strange) You meet a droid that claims to be able to manipulate the Force.
85. (Strange) The last thing you remember is plotting coordinates to land your starship on your destination planet. You and your crew awoke to find your ship traveling in hyperspace to an unknown destination.
86. (Strange) You discover a starship that looks exactly like your ship. In fact, it is your ship minus the fact that it is heavily damaged. It looks like your ship, but from the future. Records on the ship indicate that whatever happened will happen within the next few days.
87. (Strange) You stumble upon what appears to be a void in space. Sensors readings offer no information of note. There is a strong gravitational pull towards the area. Perhaps it is a black hole?
88. (Strange) You locate a cryogenically frozen body inside a transport container. The outline of the individual looks incredibly like you. In fact, such a dead-on replica of you, it is eerie…
89. (Strange) Your ship is traveling through space as you come upon a small starship with a very unusual design. Although you can visually see it, the ship does not register on your sensors. As you approach it, your sensors detect a small anomaly right before the ship vanishes from sight.
90. (Strange) You discover a Human slumped over in the cockpit of a landspeeder. As you approach, you notice that he is unconscious, holding a blaster pistol in one hand a clutching a piece of paper in another. The paper falls to the ground. You discover that it is a wanted poster… of you.
91. (Force) You stumble upon a dead Twi’lek at the entrance to an alley. From your estimates, he most likely died recently. You’re not sure, but it looks like he was killed by a lightsaber.
92. (Force) A near-Human street urchin calls you over to his sales cart. He checks the surrounding area before he shows you what he claims to be his most prized possession. He then presents to you an item that he claims to be a Jedi Holocron. It could be all yours, for the right price.
93. (Force) A Human dressed in dark robes approaches you and asks you who you are. For some reason, you blurt out the answer. He then orders you to follow him into a building. For some reason, you feel compelled to put your weapons on the ground and follow him.
94. (Force) You feel a disturbance in the force, even though you are not force sensitive…
95. (Force) Upon entering a building, a near-Human walks up to you and states that you’re not welcomed here. He swipes part of his trench coat back to reveal a lightsaber on his hip. There appear to be several other individuals standing behind him that are backing him up.
96. (Force) A vehicle careens off the roadway and towards a group of bystanders. One of the individuals raises his hands and the vehicle hovers to a stop right in front of him. As the vehicle slowly drops to the ground, the individual disappears down an alleyway.
97. (Force) Inside a cargo container, you discover a unique, portable hibernation pod. You see a strange alien that appears to be frozen in stasis. It clutches a lightsaber to its chest with both hands. The markings on the outside of the container are foreign to you. The best you can make out is that it appears to state, “Do not open.”
98. (Force) A Tarasin approaches you. He tells you that the Force led him to you and that you are in grave danger. Moments later, you hear blaster fire and screams coming from behind a nearby building. He looks back and you and states, “We must go. There isn’t much time.”
99. (Force) While drinking at a bar, a highly intoxicated Human whispers to you that he was once the greatest Jedi in the Galaxy. Without waiting for your response, he tells you he’ll prove it. He quietly peers across the bar and points his finger at a bottle of liquor on a shelf. The bottle shakes a little, falls to the ground and shatters. As the bartender cleans the mess up, the Human looks back at you, winks, and takes a sip of his drink.
100. (Force) A duel erupts in the middle of a busy square between two Jedi. As their lightsaber battle ensues, many bystanders run in the opposite direction while some stare in awe at the sight.
101. (Force) A Zabrak approaches you and stops a medium distance away. He slowly draws a lightsaber from his waistband and ignites it. His other hand crackles with electricity.
If you have any additional ideas or resources related to Star Wars encounter ideas, please post them in the comments below!