The Star Wars universe is full of fantastic technology and mysterious wonders. Some of these items have been lost throughout the ages, while others were deliberately hidden for various reasons.
Some of the uses for these artifacts are obvious, while others have a more subtle or even sinister purpose to them. In addition, these artifacts vary in their power levels. Some are simple items containing a lost technology that functions on an almost mundane level, while others have incredible power that could shape the future of the discoverer and even the Galaxy.
Many of these artifacts could be classified under multiple categories. For example, a cultural hero’s lightsaber could fit under both Cultural, Force, and maybe even Technology or Weapon. For ease of use, I simply have classified each item under one category that I feel most fully defines the artifact.
Here is the second half of 101 Star Wars Artifacts (51-101):
51. (Organic) Healing fruit from an extremely rare plant that only blooms under very specific circumstances every ten to twenty years. The fruit from this plant is said to cure most biological illnesses in the majority of species in the galaxy.
52. (Organic) The “Rapture Bird” is an avian creature that is seen as a sign of good luck. It is unknown what planet this bird originates from as it has been seen on numerous planets throughout the galaxy. Many different planets have stories throughout their histories of these creatures showing up and providing good fortune on those in need.
53. (Organic) Hibernation parasites were used by doctors of this planet to place patients into stasis for surgery. Their use in medicine fell as more modern methods came into practice. The parasites stopped being bred for these purposes and eventually were thought to have fallen into extinction.
54. (Organic) Mummified remains of an ancient family that previously ruled this sector of the galaxy. Their remains seem to have been looted of valuables but their remains are remarkably intact.
55. (Organic) Genetically modified materials contained in medical storage devices. This organic material appears to have been a lost experiment from ancient scientists. It is not readily apparent what they were testing or what the material is from.
56. (Religious) Religious stamp used to ratify major documents for the religion. These are extremely rare, well-guarded and only used by the upper echelon of leadership within that religion.
57. (Religious) Gold, six-pointed star pendant that represents an ancient religion that has since died out. The pendant is a rare find that priests of this old religion used to wear during their ceremonies.
58. (Religious) Bible of an extinct religion that was wiped out long ago. This tome chronicles the origins of a murderous and wild sect that broke off from a popular, but now dead, religion. It gives notes on famous individuals this sect claims to have killed, their method in doing so and gives small insight into where more information about this sect may be.
59. (Religious) Large golden chalice encrusted with jewelry and writings from a forgotten language. The drawings appear to depict part of a religious ceremony on the cup. It appears this cup was used during ritual sacrifices.
60. (Religious) Flogging whip similar to a cat-o-nine tails. These whips were once used by star-faring monks that traveled the galaxy. They helped the poor and spread their message of peace to all who would listen. The whips were used on themselves so they could provide penitence for their sins. It has been many decades since these monks were seen. It is assumed they left the galaxy or no longer exist.
61. (Religious) Mummified body of a religious icon entombed in a high tech sarcophagus. The markings claim that the body of the religious icon is located inside, but it is commonly believed that the icons remains are located on a different planet in a museum. Which one is fake?
62. (Religious) Handheld cross belonging to religious crusaders from a lost era. These crusaders traveled the galaxy looking for lesser developed populations on undiscovered planets. Their desire was to convert these undeveloped populations into followers of their cause.
63. (Religious) Ashen remains inside a small urn. The markings on the urn signify they are the remains of an infamous religious zealot that was responsible for a holy war that killed millions.
64. (Religious) Written texts recording the beliefs of a famous lone wanderer and philosopher. The individual is well-known throughout the galaxy for his beliefs and exploits but it was previously unknown that he had committed any of these things down on writing.
65. (Religious) Manifesto of a burgeoning religion that worshipped the Sith as gods. Although this religious movement was thought to have died out long ago, this appears to be a freshly printed copy of their beliefs with information referencing recent events in history.
66. (Technology) Old technology for creating water by trapping moisture within the air. The device is the size of an oil barrel and was used by terraforming groups in the creation of new planets. New technology was created that eventually replaced this technology.
67. (Technology) Food replication device used by natives of this planet long ago. This food it created was not very palatable and only even edible by the native races of this planet. It did, however, lead to the technology that saved the race from eventual starvation when their planet suffered a major catastrophe.
68. (Technology) Wreckage of an ancient starship that was commonly used in a faraway sector. That version of the starship is significantly outdated and no longer used anywhere. The unique thing about this is that this type of starship was not known for hyperspace travel and not from this section of the galaxy.
69. (Technology) Crude droid from centuries past. The droid is a small box on wheels and its power source appears to have burned out long ago, but can be resurrected with a new power source. Its original purpose was unknown. It may be easier to discover that once it is reactivated…
70. (Technology) The “Eternal Beacon” is a satellite that has traveled through the center of the galaxy for centuries. Many starships used it to guide their travels until it disappeared a century ago. The piece of alien technology appears to be damaged irreparably.
71. (Technology) Ancient alien spacesuit. This suit does not use the standard and known technology that provides breathable gas to the wearer and protects them from the cold and other hazards of space. Although outdated, it holds keys to technologies not widely known.
72. (Technology) Portable survival pod that uses the natural gases from the air of this planet to provide a ‘normal’ humanoid with enough breathable oxygen to live for many months. This technology was used during a major natural catastrophe in the planet’s history. The technology was nearly forgotten over the centuries once that planet slowly recovered from the disaster.
73. (Technology) Ancient light source not used by natives of this planet. It is a small box with a button that turns it on and off. It draws its power from both solar energy and even light as small as nighttime stars, essentially giving it nearly limitless power. The technology does not seem scalable to any item larger than this though.
74. (Technology) Half a dozen hand-sized rocks that appeared to be attuned with each other. They are a forgotten form of a communication device as they allow the wielder to transmit empathic feelings to the possessors of the other stones.
75. (Technology) Handheld scanner that is supposed to allow non-force users to detect the force. The validity of its technology is in dispute and its use died out long ago. There is belief by a small group though that the technology has merit.
76. (Technology) Sound emitter that sends out sounds in a frequency that humans and most aliens don’t hear, but a few specific alien races do. The range is not very far but the sound is deafening to those within close proximity that are affected by it. It appears to be a warning device but could also be used for more nefarious purposes.
77. (Technology) Old alien battery that has the outward appearance of a small stone. When this stone is placed within the proximity of something that needs power, it appears to slowly replenish that item’s power. One would assume that it isn’t infinite though and will eventually be drained of all its power. Shouldn’t it?
78. (Technology) Ancient time keeping device. At least, that is what it appears to be. However, the device is not synchronized with any known system’s time keeping logs. It must be counting up to, or counting down to, something else…
79. (Technology) Metallic cylinder with a very stout exterior casing. It is emanating a voice that repeats a message over and over. The message is approximately one minute in length and is in an old alien language that is no longer common in the galaxy. There is a small plate that covers the only button you see on the cylinder.
80. (Technology) A small cube approximately one tenth of a meter in size. It has numerous flashing lights on the exterior and appears to be internally powered. There are no markings on the exterior of the item. The lights appear to be responding in a way that it is sending a message, or possibly attempting to communicate…
81. (Unique) Lost tribe of local aborigines has been discovered. There are very few left, less than fifty. These people were thought to have been extinct many centuries ago. They represent traditions and values that come from a much earlier era in this world’s civilization.
82. (Unique) The only known cure for an ancient disease that was previously eradicated. This medicine was commonly available long ago, but the recipe on how to create the cure was lost when the disease was eradicated. Now that the disease is back, the recipe for this medicine is again invaluable.
83. (Unique) Apparent treasure map of the local area. It is written in a local language with cryptic script and markings. It clearly holds the key to discovering something of major value to anyone who can decipher what it is saying.
84. (Unique) Ancient recording device from the future. It contains accounts of events that are alleged to occur in the future. The legitimacy of the item is in question, but it certainly appears to at least have the potential to be real. So how did the item travel back in time?
85. (Unique) The body of an ancient legend held in stasis. This individual was known to have lived over a millennium ago. His exploits in exploration and war were well-documented but the person disappeared in the middle of their exploits, never to be heard from again. It appears as if they may still be alive…
86. (Unique) Teleportation device that can transport small, non-organic items a small distance. It appears to be some sort of early model of a more sophisticated device as it appears unfinished in its creation. The device appears simple to use but is covered in obscure symbols.
87. (Unique) Star map of the known galaxy. At least, that is what it kind of looks like. The only problem is that there are quite a few planets missing and the names of a significant amount of the planets have been changed. The date on the map is wrong too, it’s several years in the future…
88. (Unique) Mixed within a pile of bones that appears to be a mass burial site for ancient natives of the planet, you discover what appears to be a modern day communication device. The item is buried in such a way that it appears to be buried inside of the bone pile, like these ancient natives had possession of the item when they were buried.
89. (Unique) Portable stealth device that masks the visual appearance of its user. The device causes massive amounts of radiation to be dumped into the area when used, causing the wielder or anyone around it radiation sickness in a short amount of time. It is clearly very alien technology and most likely not from this galaxy.
90. (Unique) Prototype for a time machine that was created by a legendary inventor. This inventor created many unique technologies but their true passion was to create a time machine. This never happened, but this device appears to be his last prototype that he was working on before his murder and death many years ago.
91. (Weapon) War era weapon of mass destruction. The weapon atomizes all living tissue within its radius. Unfortunately for those that developed the weapon, it was activated during a failed theft attempt by enemies of its creators. A copy of the item and the secret to its construction were lost when all those involved in the project perished during the theft attempt.
92. (Weapon) Unmanned killer drone lost during a world war. This drone was supposed to seek and destroy a specific type of target during that war. It may be a specific person, an alien race, or targets at a certain location.
93. (Weapon) Hybrid lightsaber and bladed melee weapon. It is unknown if this device was created by a Jedi or not. It appears to be a traditional lightsaber that has a large blade attached to the bottom of the hilt. The weapon’s hilt also appears to be larger than normal in size, as if it were being held by a very large humanoid.
94. (Weapon) Ancient Jedi slaying mine. The theory with this weapon was that it was able to detect the innate force presence within an individual and detonate. It would explode when force sensitive creatures came near it. It was a very experimental weapon back in its day and it is unknown if it actually works.
95. (Weapon) Underwater sonar projection dish. This round dish is approximately one meter in diameter. It projects a sonar wave in such a manner that it can hurt or damage whatever it strikes in its path. It was clearly made by an aquatic race for use on their planet, as it only functions properly when placed underwater.
96. (Weapon) Metallic axe that has a shaft that measures four meters in length and has a blade on the end to match. It is adorned with unique markings and depictions of battle. Whatever creature wielded this must have been enormous and a fierce warrior. The markings on the blade appear to resemble markings you’ve seen on ancient Jedi tomes.
97. (Weapon) Lightsaber hilt that does not activate. After manipulating the device, you realize that it fires blaster bolts out of the end of the hilt instead of activating a lightsaber blade. It appears that this is a trick weapon that may have been used long ago to attack unsuspecting victims with. The style of the hilt indicates that it is very, very old.
98. (Weapon) Extremely heavy projectile gun that appears to load cylindrical metal cartridges. These cartridges fire barbs out of the end as opposed to projectile bullets. The weapon seems very old and inefficient, but it must have been used to hunt something very large.
99. (Weapon) Activation codes to an antiquated weapon of mass destruction. The logs on this old data pad contain codes and instructions on how to detonate the device, but it does not reference what the device is or where it is.
100. (Weapon) Device called the “Supernova”. It is a weapon of mass destruction that destroys stars by being fired into them. It is a large box the size of a small freighter and can only be carried and deployed by large capital ships. It has the potential to destroy multiple planets by collapsing a star within the system.
101. (Special) Any artifact that comes from one of the movies or Star Wars books could be used, such as Luke Skywalker’s first lightsaber, Emperor Palpatine’s robes (if they still existed), the original plans for the first Death Star, etc. These artifacts should be used sparingly but can have a major impact on your players when introduced.
Some of the names and likenesses were taken from different sources in the Star Wars Galaxy, including official Star Wars products, unofficial Star Wars products, fan-made products, and information obtained on the internet. Any of this information that was taken is the property of the respective author. Any information I provide here that I created is free to use by anyone in whatever way they choose.